The Ten Commandments
God spoke all these words, saying: I am Adon-yah your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other deities before me. You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Adon-Yah your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers of the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, and showing loving kindness to thousands of those who love and keep my commandments.
You shall not take the name of Adon-Yah your God in vain, for Adon-Yahwill not hold him guiltless who uses his name in a worthless manner.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. You shall labour six days, and do all your work, but seventh day is a Sabbath to Adon-Yah your God. You shall not do any work in it you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your livestock, nor your stranger who is within your gates; for in six days Adon-Yah made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore Adon-Yah blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy.
Honour your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which Adon-Yah your God gives you. You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour. You shall not covet your neighbour’s house . You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
Alternative Version :
1. Mar-Yah is my God who brought us out of the land of Egypt.
2. I shall have no other gods besides Mar-Yah.
3. I shall never use the Name of Mar-Yah in an unworthy manner.
4. I shall remember the Sabbath day, the Seventh Day of the Week, and keep it holy.
5. I shall honour my father and my mother/I shall honour my elders.
6. I shall not murder.
7. I shall not have immoral relations with another person’s spouse.
8. I shall not steal.
9. I shall not bear false witness against my neighbour.
10. I shall not desire and plan how I may possess that which God has given to my neighbour.